JESUS SHOWS US HOW FRIENDS LOVEbased on the 7 sayings of Jesus on the cross
Mary Ward (1585-1645 always focused on the love of Jesus and friendship in her writings.
The Palm Sunday tradition invites us to listen to the Passion of Jesus in the Gospel writings.
Inspired by Mary Ward, in my prayer, I feel drawn to focus on the 7 sayings of Jesus on the cross through the lens of love and friendship.
- LOVING FORGIVENESS–LUKE 23:34 FATHER, FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO
2. HEALING LOVE – LUKE 23:43 TRULY I SAY TO YOU, TODAY YOU SHALL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE
3. LOVING COMMUNION – JOHN 19:26-27 -WOMAN BEHOLD THY SON, DISCIPLE, BEHOLD THY MOTHER
4. LOVING UNION IN SUFFERING – MATTHEW 27:46 -MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME?
5. LOVING UNION IN HUMANITY – JOHN 19:28 – I THIRST
6. SURRENDERING IN LOVING TRUST – JOHN 19:30 -IT IS FINISHED
7. LOVING UNION IN DIVINE JOY – LUKE 23:46 – FATHER, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMEND MY SPIRIT